The fast-paced technology makes the kids adaptable to new technological innovations. Now, you can easily spot a kid with a tablet and smartphone even at an earlier age.
Screen time is a predictable thing. Toddlers and adults spend most of the hours of a day using gadgets. So, it is understandable why parents despise the idea of screen time.
Every parent desires the best of everything for their kids. They wish to make their kid a little more productive, active, and genius. Yes, too much screen time can cause some negative effects on the development and growth of your children.
However, the good news is that now you can put screen time to good use with the help of educational apps. With the booming trend of online learning, there is a wide of options for the best educational apps for kids that you can find and use for free.
Online educational apps promote personalized learning, which will allow you to conquer your kid’s weaknesses and promote a healthy learning environment. The graphic videos and fun activities make learning super easy and fun for the kids instead of traditional book learning.
Here we have listed the top 7 educational apps for kids that you can download and use safely.
Reading is one of the good habits that you can develop in your kid with this application. The epic educational app offers e-books, stories, and videos for children. The app offers different reading levels, which help the kid to read on their own.
The daily challenges and exciting reading activities will keep your kid motivated and they can access a library of 40000+ books.
- Access to a growing library of 40000+ books
- Audiobooks, read-to-me books, and ultimate reading activities
- Books available in different languages
- 24X7 online and offline access
- Track weekly progress and share performance chart
- Provide badges and rewards for motivation
If you are preparing your kid for pre-school, then this is the best educational app for kid. The app combines the nursery app, LKG app, and UKG app, which will allow you to access good content easily. The app will help your kid to learn numbers, colors, alphabets, shapes, and practice worksheets.
Plus, you can also find rhymes and coloring activities, which will keep your kid occupied.
- A colorful learning application for early learners
- Concepts explained with engaging graphics
- Include classroom syllabus
- Offer rhymes, stories, and coloring activities
- Include engaging educational videos
- Easy progress tracking
The playbook is one of the best educational apps for kids that you can download to promote a healthy learning environment at home. The app allows users to create quizzes, games, and puzzles to revise school lessons. They can also create a small presentation by using easy tools.
The app also offers inspirational stories and life lessons, which will contribute to building the strong personality of your kid.
- 1000+ inspirational stories for students
- Age-appropriate content
- Provide tools for creating games, puzzles, and quizzes
- Offer writing activities to kids
- Provide online practice tests
- Offer rewards for good performance
- Share interesting facts and discoveries every day
4) Brain Gym Jr.:
The Brain Gym Jr. is a good educational app for kids between 5-11 years. The application provides daily activities for problem-solving methods. Practicing daily exercises for 10-15 minutes will help your kids in learning new and practice new methods with instant results.
The app offers exercises for math, English, and real-world skills in an engaging gaming format. You can also customize the activities according to your interest and learn with play.
- 12000+ exercises available
- Every day new challenges
- Instant results for online challenges and activities
- Customized games and exercises
- Engaging graphics and content
- 1-15 difficulty levels for each subject
- Solve every day and win exciting rewards
5) ABC Mouse:
This education app is a complete learning program for 2-8 years kids. The application covers different areas including reading, math, art, music, and more for kids. You can easily access 10000+ exciting learning activities for your kids for different academic levels.
It is a good app for early learners and pre-school kids as it will help them in learning concepts in a fun way.
- Curriculum-based learning designed by experts
- Covers different subjects for 2-8 years kids
- Availability of thousands of books, videos, puzzles, and gaming activities
- Step-by-step learning for kids
- Easy tracking of progress
- Reward programs for kids’ motivation
- Good for early learners
- 100% safe and kids-friendly
Prodigy math is an amazing educational app for kids, which allow them to learn math interestingly. It offers a math adventure to the kids, where they can join epic battles and quests to win amazing rewards.
The gaming format promotes kids to practice new concepts and develop problem-solving skills. The game also has different difficulty levels, which will improve your kid’s performance with every new challenge.
- Engaging gaming formats for math exercises
- Designed by expert teachers
- Kid’s friendly application
- Daily new challenges and missions
- Exciting graphics
- Rewards and gifts to keep kids motivated
7) Read Along:
Read along is a good reading app. This educational app promotes the habit of reading in kids. The application is designed for children aged 5 and more. The app offers unique stories in different languages. It promotes kids to read aloud to collect exciting rewards and gifts.
The kid will get instant feedback on their reading skills that will keep them motivated and help them out as well. So, you can download this app for free and promote reading habits easily.
- The application can work online and offline
- The app is completely free and you can access a huge library
- It provides in-app reading assistance to help children
- You can customize the app according to your kid’s needs
- Available in different regional languages
- 100% safe for kids
- Track progress and growth
- Daily new reading challenges for kids
Download the best educational app for your kid that matches their interests and promote a good learning environment at your home. Find out the interest and skills of your kids to guide them in the right direction with the help of the right educational app and get ready to see the amazing outcomes.